We are an open access shelter whose mission is to protect the welfare of the animals we come in contact with, and to promote the humane treatment and well being of these animals. We serve the animals, citizens and communities of Washington County.
We do this by:
1. Providing shelter and medical care for stray, abandoned or surrendered animals in our community:
2. Responding with personal commitment, humane sensitivity, compassion, and technical skill to the needs of these animals.
3. Actively promoting suitable adoptions of the animals.
4. Encouraging the spaying and neutering of dogs and cats through the Washington County SPCA programs: GCSNAP and Alley Cat Alliance, to ensure the animal overpopulation problem be kept to a minimum; and
5. Helping to prevent cruelty to animals by promoting education in the community.